facilitating growth














The following links provide information on diseases/disorders, family support services, learning sites for children and treatment providers.
 I hope you find these helpful.

The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA); www.asha.org  The national organization for speech-language pathologists with information about disorders and treatment.

Diseases and Disorders

Family Advocacy and Special Education Laws


Free sitesboy on swing

Paid sites (free trial is offered)


  • Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center offers a huge directory of  Connecticut resources to help support families and help children with disabilities. www.cpacinc.org or 1-800-445-2722
  • Dr. Fiona Kehoe is a clinical Neuropsychologist who specializes in children and adolescent neuropsychological testing. She is located at Bishops Corner in West Hartford. 860-305-8792
  • Dan Weiner is a clinical psychologist who provides individual and family psychotherapy. He specializes in children and adolescents from 5 through 18 years. He is located at the Family Resource and Development Center in West Hartford. www.dwtherapy.net or 860-677-0028
  • Dr. Javornisky is a clinical Neuropsychologist who works in the neuropsychology practice with Dr. Isenberg and Dr. Albert. They specialize in pediatric and adolescent neuropsychological testing. www.ctpedineuro.com or 860-633-8155
  • Meridith Saxon-Kowalsky is a licensed physical therapist who treats children and adults with various orthopedic injuries. Her private practice specializes in sports injuries, manual therapy and massage therapy. She is located at Center Sports Physical Therapy in West Hartford. (860) 986-7700. Open access/no referral necessary
  • Dr. Lisa Karabelnik is a child and adolescent psychiatrist. She is located in Middletown, CT. 860-347-3455
  • Center for Children with Special Needs is an interdisciplinary clinic specializing in the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of children and adolescents with developmental disabilities. They are located in Glastonbury. 860-430-1762
  • The Talcott Center for Child Development provides occupational therapy, and physical therapy for children with disabilities. They are located in Farmington 860-674-1824 and Avon 860-693-8720 or www.thetalcottcenter.com.
  • Center for Communication Disorders at Southern Connecticut State University is a student training center that specializes in speech, language, hearing and advocacy for children and adults with communication disorders. The clinic is located in New Haven. 203-392-5955. (reduced fees)
  • Dr. Jo Ann Carson is a developmental pediatrician at St. Francis Medical Center who specializes in evaluation and diagnosis of children and adolescents with developmental disabilities.
  • Dr. Ann Milanese is a developmental pediatrician at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center in Hartford. 860-545-8589
  • Jewish Family Services provides a range of counseling services for children, adults and families. JFS is located in West Hartford. (860)236-1927 or www.jfshartford.org.











Please contact Lisa with your questions/concerns or to schedule an appointment.

Home   Contact Lisa    About Lisa    Services & Forms    Resources/ Links
©2009 Lisa Langweil. Site design by DigitalDesignChick